- Desk Copy Available:1
- Exam Copy Available:1
- Supplemental Teaching Tools Available:1
In this new and informative title in FiT's Sport Management Library, authors Susan Brown Foster and John E. Dollar have combined their 40 plus years of teaching and internship supervision experience into one textbook that includes something for all students, undergraduate and graduate. Experiential Learning in Sport Management: Internships and Beyond offers a wealth of information for those desiring to enter the captivating business world of sport as well as experiential learning ideas for professors within sport management programs. Experiential Learning in Sport Management is a walkthrough of:
- more than 30 Time-Out Interviews that display career paths of industry professionals and provide tips and ideas for students and professors;
- classroom teaching ideas provided by sport management professors from across the country;
- the entire process of financing, preparing for, and securing internship opportunities including résumé writing; and
- how to transition into a career immediately upon graduation.
Two other unique features of the book include:
- the final chapter that focuses on the graduate student and those preparing to enter a teaching career in sport management at any level, and
- its content and set-up that allows an institution to use it as a text for a variety of courses.
- It can be used as a text for an Introduction to Sport Management course or to complement an existing text.
- It can be used for a practicum, internship, or pre-internship course to assist students in understanding and preparing for their entry into the sport business industry
So, whether you’re a student or someone looking for a second career, this handbook is the new standard to assist anyone in finding the right track to success. Designed for those interested in all types of hands-on learning opportunities, this is the first book of its kind to focus on how getting into the industry really begins the first day someone steps onto a college campus! Foster and Dollar round out the book by comprehensively exploring the varying industries of Olympic and amateur sport, professional sport, and entrepreneurial careers.
There are also online materials for faculty to complement the text and to establish a comprehensive internship program. Faculty who adopt the book for classroom use have access to sample evaluation forms, institutional paperwork, student program manual suggested content, and much more!
View an extended version of the book's Table of Contents here.