SMQ Call for Papers: Rivalry in Sport
Sport Marketing Quarterly announces special issue topic for SMQ 26.4, coming December 2017. Guest editors, Cody T. Havard of The University of Memphis and Vassilis Dalakas of California State University, set the theme for the special issue—Rivalry in Sport: Marketing Implications. Potential manuscript topics include, but are not limited to:
- Rivalry in different sport settings (e.g., international, competition level, women’s sport, individual sport, etc.)
- Using various methods and procedures to study rivalry (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, experimental, field studies, content analyses, etc.)
- Different settings to research sport rivalry (e.g., online, in-arena, etc.)
- Fan reactions to rival players and coaches
- Fan reactions to rival team behavior
- Consumption of the sport product surrounding rivalry in sport
- Practitioner reactions to rivalry
- Dark side of rivalry
- Practical implications for responsible marketing and promotion of rivalry
Manuscripts should be submitted no later than November 30, 2016.
Read the full CFP and submission instructions here.