- Desk Copy Available:1
- Exam Copy Available:1
- Supplemental Teaching Tools Available:1
The contents of Principles of Sport Administration has been incorporated into the third edition of Administrative Side of Coaching: Applying Business Concepts to Athletic Program Administration and Coaching.
*Please note that FiT eBooks cannot be downloaded.
Athletic program administrators have a tremendous influence on the success of their organizations. They must construct viable program plans; oversee budgeting, marketing, and fundraising efforts; and effectively manage employees. These concepts and many more are covered in Principles of Sport Administration, an indispensable guide by Richard Leonard for any aspiring athletic program administrator or coach. Chapters are grouped into four sections covering key areas of responsibility for administrators.
- Section I focuses on management concepts such as program planning, managerial controls, and human resource management.
- Section II focuses on various budgeting methods and travel administration.
- Section III explores marketing concepts, program promotion, and public relations.
- Section IV covers external administration aspects including fundraising, risk management, and ethics.