SMQ Submission Guidelines
1. Manuscripts submitted to SMQ should not be submitted to another publication while under review for SMQ.
2. Manuscripts submitted to SMQ should be electronically as a .doc or .docx file by visiting http://editorialexpress.com/smq and following the instructions.
3. Authors’ names should not appear anywhere in the manuscript. A cover sheet listing the manuscript title and the order of authors as well as the primary author’s name, mailing address, preferred phone, and fax numbers and email address should accompany each manuscript. In addition, information regarding each author’s rank, institution, and research interests should be listed as well as email addresses for all co-authors. If appropriate, identify if the manuscript is derived from a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation.
4. Contributing authors should provide a 280 character statement that succinctly describes the unique aspects of the research, which (if published) will be used for @SMQuartery other social media outlets. At least one of the contributing authors should have a Twitter handle that is associated with the manuscript. Authors will be asked to supply these details when the manuscript is submitted.
5. A 150-word abstract should preface each manuscript. Manuscripts should be double-spaced using an easily readable 12-point font (e.g., Times New Roman). Manuscripts should not exceed 40 pages, including text, tables, figures, charts, footnotes, and references. Authors should follow the style of the 7th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association in preparing all text, tables, and figures (e.g., italics used to report statistical information, indented second line in references list).
6. Manuscripts submitted to SMQ undergo double-blind review. The editor will examine all manuscripts and determine if the content is congruent with the focus of the journal. If the content of the manuscript is not congruent with SMQ’s focus, the editor will return the manuscript to the author(s) with an explanation.
7. If the content of the manuscript is congruent with SMQ’s focus, the editor will determine if the manuscript should be “previewed” or “reviewed.” The editor will ask for a preview when the manuscript has been examined and determined that there may be questions related to the concept, writing, methodology, results, discussion, or implementation. Previewers will provide the editor with a general rationale for rejection OR disagree with the editor’s opinion, in which case a full review will be conducted. The editor will ask for a review when the manuscript has been read and determined to be of acceptable or high quality in concept, writing, methodology, results, discussion, and implementation.
8. The editor will make every effort to provide authors with a completed review within 8 weeks.
9. Authors warrant that the manuscript is original except for excerpts and illustrations from copyrighted works that may be included with permission of the copyright owner, such permissions to be obtained by the authors at their own expense. The manuscripts submitted to the publisher must contain the appropriate credit line, if any, required by copyright holders of material adapted or reprinted for use.
10. Authors of manuscripts accepted for publication will be required to transfer copyright to FiT Publishing, publisher of SMQ.